GreenChoice: Healthy Grocery Shopping
- Android 4.4 +
- Version: 3.3.4
- 28 MB
Updated to version 3.3.4!
We rate food products and curate the best options for you & the planet. Here’s to shopping healthy and climate-friendly on a budget. Peace & love, Team GC
We got sick of the bullsh*t:
– wondering which is healthier
– wondering what’s sustainable
– doing nutrition math
– checking ingredient lists
– discovering harmful additives in our food
– looking up claims
– seeing conflicting information online
– being misled by labels
– giving our money to companies that don’t care about us
So we made GreenChoice:
1. Tell us about your diet, food allergies, & values.
2. Explore a curated selection of food products that best match your preferences.
3. Search or scan food items to see if they’re healthy + compare their carbon footprints, in seconds.
– Discover healthy, climate-friendly swaps tailored to your diet.
– Build a grocery shopping list of the best products for you & your budget.
We collect research and data from government agencies, third-party certifiers, NGOs, and food companies – and use it to evaluate thousands of food products’ impact on your health and the environment.
Join us and thousands more ~ pursuing healthy choices and voting for the world we want to live in with every purchase!
Our GreenScore® Food Rating
1. Nutrition: scans foods’ macro and micronutrients, as well as their ingredients.
2. Processing: evaluates ingredients for natural and artificial additives, as well as their manufacturing methods.
3. Food Safety: evaluates foods for toxic additives, use of antibiotics and hormones, and pesticide and mercury exposure.
4. Environment: estimates food products’ carbon footprint and water footprint.
*For more info on our GreenScore food rating, visit: greenchoicenow.com/greenscore
We’ve analyzed over 340,000 food & beverage products, sold by most grocery stores, including:
1. Whole Foods Market
2. Target Grocery
3. Walmart Grocery
6. Hannaford Supermarket
7. Wegmans Food Markets
8. Harris Teeter Supermarkets
9. King Soopers
*Our food database includes thousands of food and beverage products sold by grocery stores not on this list, so be sure to search foods or use our barcode scanner even if you shop elsewhere!
NO SPONSORED CONTENT
We do not have sponsored content on GreenChoice. For more info about how we handle conflicts of interest, check out our FAQ (in the app and on our website).
Let us know how we can improve! You can hit us up at: community (at) greenchoicenow.com or 617-855-9025; we’re real people working hard to make GreenChoice the most empowering app on your phone.
GreenChoice is a data-driven grocery shopping platform that empowers consumers to buy the best food products for their health and the planet. Our team has dietary restrictions, health goals, tight budgets, and big hearts. We’re working to make grocery shopping easier for anyone shopping with dietary needs and values. Food is medicine for us and Mother Earth! Visit greenchoicenow.com for more info and our story. (:
- Installs 5,000+
- Rated for 12+ years
On our site you can easily download GreenChoice: Healthy Grocery Shopping v3.3.4! All without registration and send SMS!